Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development & Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Analyst, Corporate Development & Strategy is responsible for assisting in the development of strategic planning efforts to advance A E Networks' position in both the short and long-term. This role will be focused on evaluating, identifying, structuring and implementing both internal and external new business opportunities, strategic partnerships, and investments to drive profitable growth.
Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage the day to day execution of investment priorities. This requires deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite to produce complex business models and high quality presentations that can be used to make recommendations to the executive management team.
Business Analysis and Forecasting:
Review financial components of business proposals and contracts and provide feedback; assist in creating and maintaining models that analyze proposals during negotiations; assist in ad-hoc financial analysis and modeling; Build reports and presentations that frame findings and conclusions. Build and maintain 5 year forecasts for affiliate and ad sale teams; project subscribers, revenue, marketing support, and other key metrics.
Work closely with senior management and divisional leadership to develop and formulate near term and long range business strategies that drive incremental profitability throughout the company. Evaluate ad-hoc and strategic and business related questions in partnership with business leads and communicate the results effectively both verbally and through written presentations.
Industry Competitive Research:
Assess and analyze key trends affecting the media and entertainment industry from consumer, technological and competitive standpoints. Work with research teams to maintain industry projections and competitive benchmarks through subscription data, investment banking contacts and conference attendance. Keep senior management informed on emerging industry trends and the impacts on A E through regular communications including Management Team presentations.
• 1-3 years of media experience working with financial models, business plans, and management presentations
• Expert level Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Takes initiative and is a self-starter
• Ability to work well with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders
• Familiarity with media/entertainment businesses, including digital platforms
• Ability to combine strong quantitative skills with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Eagerness to analyze complex business relationships
• Excellent analytical, financial modeling and research skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Strategy or business development experience preferred
• Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
Educational Requirements BS/BA from leading school
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans