Senior Manager, A&E Consumer Marketing & Paid Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.
THE ROLE: Senior Manager, A&E Consumer Marketing & Paid Media
Work closely with VP of Consumer Marketing & Media, and the Consumer Media coordinator in crafting and implementing communication plans and marketing strategies across paid and emerging media platforms. Responsible for providing strategic direction, paid media recommendations, and project management assistance to other members of team, such as the On-Air/Owned Media team and Paid Media/Social Media teams.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Manager, A&E Consumer Marketing & Paid Media:
• Leading the development of creative briefs by working closely with the Owned Media team, the research team, and the VP of Consumer Marketing. Gather and organize show information, construct goals and objectives and target definitions. The goal is to inspire the internal teams to develop successful campaigns.
• Leading the development of media briefs based off the creative marketing briefs, in order to develop media plans for specific campaigns / shows, and to identify specific metrics for success.
• Work closely with external media agency and internal creative team to understand recommendations and timelines for marketing plans and communication strategies to help craft activities that make best use of assets or help to identify and develop additional assets based on media and audience ops.
• Work as in-house media strategy expert for emerging media, digital media, social media to ensure that we identify and execute in these spaces based on audience, show content, talent, etc.
• Work with web team, search agency, mobile team, and where needed the social media agencies to craft show search campaigns and/or social media (Twitter, FB, IG) media buys and provide recommendations to department VP, with the specialists in those areas.
• Review and track campaign results and utilize/communicate finding to help optimize and develop future efforts.
• Assist in additional one-off projects (outside of tune-in campaigns) for paid media and on-air promo strategy as handled in-house (radio promotions, online content providers, etc.) working to craft plans and ensure implementation runs smoothly and adheres to deadlines.
• Help to disseminate information to other areas within the network/organization (PR, programming, sales marketing, etc.) to ensure efforts are aligned with brand. Also identify synergies and enhanced ops for their own communication, sales, and marketing initiatives.
• Work closely with department coordinator to manage department work flows, deadlines, assignments, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll understand exactly how marketing can work harder for you, with the right data (and what that data informs). You'll work with teams across all departments learning how the process comes together from the show's creation, to the marketing and promotion of it, and you'll be an integral part of that process to bring all the departments and plans together. You'll work on scripted drama, unscripted reality shows, and lots of movies, and learn about the different the strategies that support them, to make them successful.
• Experience working with consumer marketing and creative groups, but more importantly, with media agencies and data/analytics
• 5 years' experience in the entertainment industry, ideally TV network experience would be a plus
• College degree, preferably in marketing or communications
• Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, working under tight deadlines and pressure are necessary to succeed in this role
• Strong analytics skills a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.