Senior Manager, Global Networking
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
**ECN ERROR TRYING TO 'UN-ESCAPE' PART OF TEXT: parsing ''The Senior Manager, Global Networking will direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the networking infrastructure, including development of Network Strategic plans and roadmaps. The ideal candidate will monitor the daily performance and related projects for global networking and Cisco voice platforms, as well as take corrective action to resolve issues. Responsible for the overall integrity of our Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Wireless Networks and voice services. You will also be responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related network infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards.
Oversee the MSPs (Managed Servicer Providers) providing operational support. Maintain...'' - Unrecognized escape sequence \N.
The Senior Manager, Global Networking will direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the networking infrastructure, including development of Network Strategic plans and roadmaps. The ideal candidate will monitor the daily performance and related projects for global networking and Cisco voice platforms, as well as take corrective action to resolve issues. Responsible for the overall integrity of our Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Wireless Networks and voice services. You will also be responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related network infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards.
Oversee the MSPs (Managed Servicer Providers) providing operational support. Maintain an effective communication channel with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of agreed upon outcomes. Leads or provides technical input to projects that affect the use of the network Infrastructure. Develop an efficient, predictable process for establishing operations in new countries.
Partner with regional teams in all phases of planning and execution. This position is responsible for working across all infrastructure foundations (design, build, deploy, support, maintain, scale, and evolve) to comprehend and recommend improvements and enhancements to existing and all future implementations. This person will set the direction for all current and future projects and processes for operations around the globe and assigns appropriate staff and resources to such projects. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
• Oversee all design and built activities within Global Enterprise Solutions and multiple data centers.
• Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system designs, potential risks and issues, and related costs for each project request, all based on best practices.
• Provide high-level / detailed consultative solutions and technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions
• Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Identify technology gaps, develop and implement appropriate solutions collaboratively with various business and IT stakeholders
• Create formal guidelines, policies, and standard operating procedures to ensure operational readiness
• Provide oversight to maintain high availability and performance of the data center networks using various network monitoring tools including packet capture analysis
• Participate in capacity planning activities and identify areas for improvements in managing network resources and inventory
• Provide oversight to develop procedures for automating specific activities around repetitive deployment/provisioning tasks and implement scalability plan for all services including related cloud operability
• Provide oversight to ensure daily network monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement
Collaboration and Partnership:
• Establish positive, long-term relationships with customers and peers, as well as demonstrate a high level of consultative behavior and application of in-depth technical knowledge when dealing with customers.
• Align architectural strategy with business objectives and global expansion initiatives.
• Deliver and present designs that meet business requirements including budget and timelines.
• Managing\Negotiating with service providers and hardware vendors on services & support contracts.
• Demonstrate expertise and leadership in problem solving with Business users, Project/Program Management, Engineers, Systems Administrators, Application Developers, Architects, Database Administrators, Operations Personnel, and Vendors to prevent or solve difficult performance problems.
• Interact with technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet company and market needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
• Provide leadership in business or process planning and guidance to customers and other stakeholders during the solution identification process.
• In partnership with various organizations across the enterprise, analyze, drive, manage and measure services/SLAs within the enterprise.
Innovation and Automation:
• Research, experiment with, and inform on network related emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
• Playing an important role in improving the team's technical depth and efficiency.
• Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
• Drive innovation across cloud, software-defined networking, and other innovation opportunities.
• Qualification Requirements
Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools.
Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching and/or Wireless Networking is preferred
Experience with a variety of networking hardware vendors including but not limited to Netscaler, Radware and Cisco.
Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
An understanding of network management, network security, SNMP and Radius
Working experience with Palo Alto firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies
Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack
7 years of experience with global network deployments in an enterprise or service provider setting
Expert experience with low-level networking constructs such routing protocols or network overlay implementations
Knowledge of Cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform services etc.
5 years of engineering, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed network solutions (i.e. having an architectura