Senior Director, Networking and Collaboration Technology
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Director, Networking and Collaboration Technology
Senior Director, Networking and Collaboration Technology is a position designed for a professional looking to leverage their experience and take on a new challenge. This role will have responsibility for all aspects of Voice and Data Communications, Networking, and will share responsibility for the transformation to a robust Communication & Collaboration Platform, to include Presence, at A E Networks. This senior leader will own strategic planning and design, engineering and implementation, capacity planning and support for communication and collaboration services across the global enterprise.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of expertise in networking and voice technologies, as well as expertise in defining solutions that solve business challenges and enables services that promote integrated communication and collaboration, resilient network and cloud services. The ideal candidate will have worked with various areas and levels of a global organization to define and implement voice solutions across the enterprise and in the cloud; having both a strong degree of expertise and formal training in architecting, building, supporting and transforming voice services from a networked premise design - to a hybrid model – and ultimately transforming to a complete cloud solution.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Own strategic planning and design, engineering and implementation, capacity planning and support for communication and collaboration services across the global enterprise.
• Define network and voice architecture standards, develop and implement cost effective telecommunication solutions, and support structure that meets current and future business demands.
• Act as business sponsor for all transformation initiatives, to include but not limited to, Unified Collaboration as a Service and Global Network Redesign.
• Oversee day-to-day operations, vendor services & support, and continued optimization and enrichment of all communication and collaboration services.
• Formulate and establish best practices and standards for the network and communication enterprise that compliments and serves A E's global growth, international expansion, as well as regulatory and compliance requirements using the best of hybrid and cloud solutions and services.
• Work cross-functionally and interact with internal and external staff and consultants to promote collaboration and partnership in identifying strategies to optimize solutions and enhance or integrate services.
• Create and maintain a culture of innovation that is cutting edge and in consideration of user experience, organizational needs, and global scale.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to assess, recommend & lead the implementation of the latest technologies. In addition, you'll be able to manage a strong team of technologists & engineers that deeply care for our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of some major initiatives to revamp & transform our Technology Operations and Support team into a world-class, global, and service-oriented organization.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• UCaaS and Networking SME is a requirement.
• Prior experience in infrastructure strategic planning, and design coupled with the ability to provide hands-on leadership for the flawless execution of the strategy.
• Prior experience as a network/infra engineer or Solutions Architect (Enterprise Architect) with the more recent experience with managing teams, high value infra projects.
• Understand how to leverage and manage vendors and negotiate contracts and find efficiency.
• Have a passion for innovation, utilizing cloud solutions, along with a thorough understanding of telecommunication systems and services.
• A leader that has an in-depth market understanding of the solutions and vendors in this space as well as a POV and/or experience with these solutions and vendors.
• Must be able to be productive in managing resources and have demonstrated the ability to effectively plan for capacity.
• Cloud (AWS & Azure) experience and knowledge.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.