Senior Director, Corporate Development & Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Director, Corporate Development & Strategy
The Corporate Development & Strategy team works directly with A E's Executive Leadership in shaping short and long-term strategic initiatives to drive growth and innovation across the company during a critical time of change in the media and entertainment industry.
The Senior Director, Corporate Development & Strategy will respond to emerging trends, lead thinking on industry challenges, and both develop and implement recommendations for A E Networks. The Senior Director will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategy.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Analyze competitive industry trends, assess the impact to A E Networks, and develop recommendations to drive improvement of internal business units.
• Cultivate thinking on industry challenges, formulate long term strategies for A E's approach, and manage projects to implement solutions.
• Partner with divisional leadership to discover internal opportunities, assist with growth projects, and transform them into results.
• Develop compelling, persuasive presentations for communicating recommendations to executive management.
• Identify, evaluate, and implement external partnerships to bring unique outside perspectives into A E Networks and test ideas that are outside the scope of current business units.
• Develop theses around the future of the media landscape and businesses that A E can expand into.
• Recommend investment or partnership categories that can provide A E exposure to growing media businesses.
• Serve on and work with boards of directors within A E's investment portfolio.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5 years with a top-tier consulting firm or similar strategy role within the Media and Entertainment industry
• Superb problem-solving skills including project prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
• Excellent quantitative skills and comfort working with large amounts of data. Must be an advanced Microsoft Excel user
• Proficiency in storytelling strategic opportunities through use of Microsoft PowerPoint, business writing, and verbal communications
• Ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
• Qualified candidates must have received an MBA (or equivalent graduate level degree) from a top-tier school
• Prior media experience is preferred
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
We in Corporate Development & Strategy are always thinking about what comes next. We evaluate trends, challenge corporate norms, and work with departments throughout the company to develop strategies for success. Constantly on the lookout for great ideas, we build business plans for internal initiatives and invest externally in new startups changing the media landscape. You're a strategic thinker who can handle the pressure and defend your ideas when executives ask the hard questions. You excel at collaboration, are not afraid of a model, and can get things done.