Senior Director, Broadcast & Media Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Director, Broadcast & Media Solutions
The Sr. Director of Broadcast & Media Solutions will be a part of the Application Business Solutions team leading the support of the Media Asset Services, Productions Service Groups, Broadcast Media Operations and Engineering teams on technology systems within the media supply chain for our Domestic and International business areas.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
This role will be responsible for leading the solutioning and implementation of systems supporting asset workflows and media asset management. With numerous pending projects, this candidate must be able to envision a new multi-component solution and quickly assess and contribute to cross departmental effort of building an enhanced ecosystem and lead the projects for Technology. Success of this candidate will depend on their ability to navigate the road mapping of the solutions and being able to drive the decisions to completion. Will need to rely on a deep understanding of Digital Asset Management systems and workflows and apply best practice in architecture, implementation and support.
In addition, to projects, this position will have responsibility to lead a highly effective team supporting these business areas; work with technical leads and developers, manage vendor relationships and associated operational and capital budgets.
Eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for technology services. Clearly present solutions, proposals and status to multiple levels of stakeholders within the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & support core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, business needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Undergraduate degree
• Knowledge of enterprise Digital Asset Management Solutions, and their implementations and usage within the Broadcast/Cable industry
• Understanding of media asset workflows within the Broadcast/Cable industry
• Experience with leading MAM products
• Experience with Media Metadata Management processes & workflow
• Ability to lead Technical Business Analysts to gather requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
• Deep understanding of enterprise DAM systems to be able to identify and lead discussions around technical architecture, integration strategy and touch points between various systems
• Knowledge of integration middleware and workflow orchestration
• Understanding of SOA and agile methodology
• Deep understanding & experience architecting, designing and integrating complex enterprise grade systems
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Can mentor and grow the EMS Solutions team
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• 10 years of IT Technical experience with at least 5 years specific to Digital Asset Management systems delivery and workflows
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!