Senior Developer - Content Services
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Developer - Content Services (Temp)
The Senior Developer is responsible for software development and design activities required to create and maintain several video-related services. This includes video players, metadata and video-support applications for the Content Services team.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical systems and workflows involved in powering our websites - A E, History, Lifetime and fyi - and nearly all of our video apps spread out across a diverse platform set such as iOS, Roku, Android and Chromecast. Opportunities to innovate are waiting for the hands-on, self-starter who brings talent and experience to this major media company working alongside a team of developers, a Product Manager and a SCRUM master.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5 years of software design and development experience
• 2 years with WordPress CMS plug-in development
• Experience with large-scale highly visible applications and how to improve performance and troubleshoot issues
• Experience in third-party library integration
• Hands-on experience in developing REST-based services
• B.S. or B.A. or Technical Degree in Computer Sciences or E.E., M.S. a plus
• Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design Patterns, Continuous Integration, HTML5, CSS3, XML, RSS, and JSON
• Git or other version control
• Comfortable with navigating Unix command line
• Node.js, Java, Python a plus
• Excellent written and personal communication skills are necessary as the position will require working with shareholders from various departments outside of Digital Media
• Candidate should have experience in building and deploying applications on AWS or other cloud-based hosting technologies
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.