Senior Developer. Connected Devices
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5 years of experience building websites and applications using diverse technologies
• 1.5 years of hands on experience building connected device applications (Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and others)
• Experience in building direct to consumer apps to deliver long form and short form video
• Experience in building advertising supported apps, preferably both client side and server-side ad insertion, additionally we require experience in implementing programmatic ad partners in the apps
• Experience in analytics implementation for video centric apps
• Experience in building applications that deliver video at scale
• Experience in building apps using node.js
• Experience with third-party library and API integration.
• Experience in developing large scale REST API's
• Proven experience in learning new connected device technologies and deploying at scale
• Experience in implementation of video content recommendation engines
• Experience in working with Video Content Management Systems
• Experience in implementation of TV Everywhere authentication technologies like Adobe Pass
• Experience in integrating applications with Data Management Platforms like Krux, etc.
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting analytics integrations, ad integrations, programmatic ad partner integrations
• Experienced in developing A/B tests to test product features
Knowledge & Skills Requirement
• BrightScript (Roku)
• Implementation of common libraries (commonjs, requirejs, npm) and tools (Grunt, Gulp, etc).
• Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, XML, JSON
• Object Oriented concepts and design patterns
• Experience with relational and No-SQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
• Comfortable with a command-line interface (*nix)
• Git or other version control system
• REACT or REACT Native a plus
• Cloud hosting services like Amazon Web Services a plus
• Excellent written and personal communication skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.