A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Senior Accountant, Int'l Accounting & Finance
The position of Senior Accountant, Int'l Accounting and Finance is responsible for assisting in the financial reporting for the International business units. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all of the Company's accounting is in accordance with GAAP. This is a critical position within the International group. The individual in this role must have the ability to interact with both senior management and staff. They will be asked to translate what is occurring in the business and interpret the accounting and financial impact. While the ideal candidate needs to be highly organized and disciplined in their approach, they also need to be flexible to deal with changing business requirements as the company embarks on new business ventures. The person also needs to have strong analytical, accounting, managerial and interpersonal skills.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee international operating expense process for 25 departments worldwide.
• Prepare balance sheet account analysis and reconciliations (pre-paid, accrued expenses, fixed assets, bank recs, etc.)
• Prepare journal entries (accruals/ reclasses) and post-close monthly analytic reports.
• Process, code and research invoices in Accounts Payable system
• Participate in the analytical review of actual vs. plan/forecast performance and prepare flux analyses for both internal and external needs.
• Work with operating managers to prepare quarterly forecasts and yearly budgets.
• Analyzing financial performance to identify areas of change and/or concern.
• Coordinate timing of the monthly financial close to ensure all deadlines are met so that we can report financial results to senior management and to our partners in a timely manner.
• Foster working relationships with operational management to explain financial processes and ensure financial goals are met.
• Ensure that all company policies and procedures are being followed with regards to accounting, accruals, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
• Assist in both the interim and year-end financial audits by preparing schedules and compiling information requested.
• Work in conjunction with tax team to compile the necessary data for the quarterly/yearly tax return submissions.
• Responsible for ensuring that all of the accounting associated with the Company's operations is in accordance with GAAP
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BS Accounting, CPA a plus
• Microsoft Excel is a must – advanced excel skills is a plus
• Experience with SAP a plus
• Knowledge of foreign language a bonus but not required
• Knowledge of media/entertainment industry a plus
• Strong background in multi-currency, preferred
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication
• Ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy
If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
• Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.