A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: People Recruiter
Join the A E People Team as we embark on an exciting journey to find, grow and keep great talent. As the People Recruiter you will identify, acquire, assess and hire candidates to fill roles that are required to meet company business goals and objectives both on a staff and non-staff basis. Partner on the build out and expansion of the People Acquisition function to create an engaging, cohesive employee life cycle experience that will attract the best and the brightest who can accelerate the company's growth.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Achieve staffing objectives by sourcing, recruiting, evaluating, and acquiring skilled human labor necessary to meet both short and long term business needs.
• Work with hiring managers to establish up-to-date job descriptions; post job opportunities internally and externally; assess applicant qualifications via resume review and discussion with hiring manager, schedule interviews; work with hiring manager and People Partner to identify the most qualified candidate; establish compensation guidelines; make offer and on-board talent
• Establish candidate pipeline across company disciplines by sourcing candidates through job postings, personal networking, social media resources, employee referrals, company events, etc.
• Establish relationships with external organizations (i.e. NAMIC, WICT, American Veterans, etc.) to identify A E Networks as a premier destination for talent
• Work with internal Marketing and Social Media departments to leverage recruitment efforts through corporate and employment branding and outreach
• Expand the brand by participating on industry panels, attending career fairs, visiting military bases, etc
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to be a key thought leader and contributor to shaping and implementing our People Acquisition strategies. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4 years of hands-on recruitment experience preferably within a media environment
• Demonstrated ability to pipeline/source a diverse slate of candidates
• Strong HR network of recruiters, talent acquisition specialists, and HR professionals
• Ability to craft engaging job descriptions and postings
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of current employment laws
• Knowledge of Workday
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
• THE DIVISION'S STORY:
Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisers who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!