News / Features Editor
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
History seeks a creative and highly motivated editor to create daily stories to help our readers understand today's news, and learn about the most fascinating tales of yesterday. Candidates should have the ability to conceive, edit and package story concepts and multi-platform features in a fast-paced environment with enthusiasm and passion. This is a temporary full-time job planned to last 4-6 months.
• Run the daily editorial line-up, both planning features ahead for events and reacting to provide context to news.
• Take pitches from, assign to and edit freelance writers.
• Work with social media team to promote stories.
• Help own the editorial calendar.
• Ensure stories are written with an eye toward discoverability for search, social or newsletter audiences.
• Create the twice-weekly newsletter.
• Direct production work, ensuring best practices for video and SEO.
Qualification Requirements Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years experience writing or editing for major digital publishers.
• At least 1 year management experience.
• Experience in cross-platform journalism (working online and/or with other digital or print products).
• A fast digital metabolism; entrepreneurial thinking; and a calm, collaborative nature
• An obsession with history, news, and new ideas.
• A sense of humor and a collaborative mentality.
• A love of history.
• A bachelor's degree.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation. A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.