Metadata & Publishing Coordinator
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Metadata & Publishing Coordinator (Temporary)
A E Networks Content Distribution Services Department is seeking a Metadata & Publishing Coordinator in Stamford, CT production facility.
Metadata & Publishing Coordinator would join a team of a team of highly motivated business professionals to perform the metadata fulfillment needs in support of digital fulfillment of A E Networks' programming across global platforms and high profile digital partners, including Video-On-Demand, TV Everywhere, OTT, SVOD, Brand Sites and cross-platforms apps and devices both domestically and internationally.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Candidate will be responsible for the preparation of video metadata and publishing of XML metadata to our various digital distribution channels in strict adherence to distribution deadlines.
• Candidate will be responsible for monitoring linear air dates as well as coordinating with the AETN Programming Department in order to secure the appropriate information required for the successful preparation of metadata in adherence to distribution deadlines.
• Candidate will be responsible for providing status updates and reporting as required by the Metadata & Publishing Manager; especially as it relates to any changes in linear air dates, or specific metadata that may affect the distribution of one or more distribution channels.
• Candidate will be required to prepare specific keyword and/or editing of descriptive copy in adherence to client specifications and Search Engine Optimization(SEO) best practices & guidelines.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Undergraduate degree required or equivalent work related experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Google Sheets, Smartsheet or other spreadsheet software a must.
• 3 year's experience within digital publishing environment desired.
• Experience with metadata best practices, SEO, taxonomy a plus.
• Experience with XML metadata and video encoding technologies a plus.
• Experience with digital delivery protocols & technologies a plus (FTP, SFTP, Aspera, Signiant)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 required
• Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow a must.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills a must.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• Passion for new technology and a desire to work in the entertainment/media industry.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.