Media Global Technician
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Media Global Technician
This position is based in our Stamford, CT office.
This Technician will be responsible for performing Global Technical Evaluation and Quality Control of all A E Networks television programs. The Technician will uphold specs and standard operating procedures that adhere to the US and Global requirements.
• Work in a pair or individually to perform global technical evaluations of A E long form programming. The individual will use Amberfin, Aurora Auto Quality Control, IPV and vectorscopes and waveform monitors to evaluate video and audio issues. This ensures all programs meet A E global technical standards.
• Review and monitor all audio tracks to make sure they meet Global standards. Must have solid understanding of Full Mix, M&E and split audio.
• Perform a technical evaluation on all re-deliveries to confirm all fixes were properly made.
• A strong technical understanding of broadcast quality production, editing and mastering is required, including standards conversion, video compression and best practices for handling HD footage during post production in both tape and file-based workflows. Firm comprehension of audio mixing and stem creation is required.
• Must be able to maintain open communication between self and staff. Management of schedule and ability to prioritize deadlines and workload is critical. This ensures individuals are notified promptly and accordingly on status of shows and media as well as made aware of any necessary changes to current workload.
• Communicate with scheduling, captioning and network managers re: specific program status as required.
• Attend QC dept. meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
• Must be highly proficient in all aspects of HD video and other media
• Must be well versed in domestic and global frame rates and file resolutions.
• Understanding of file based workflows is necessary.
• Must have excellent understanding of waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and all tech specs
• Extremely well organized
• Knowledge of MediaFlex and Amberfin a plus
• 3-4 years Tech Eval/QC experience in a broadcast or similar high pressure environment
• Highly organized, team player, problem solver and ability to work with minimal supervision
Min AS degree or equivalent experience, BA preferred
Qualification Requirements TBD Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: TBD