Manager International Sales Financial Planning & Analysis
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager International Sales Financial Planning & Analysis will support the Senior Director, International Financial Sales Planning & Analysis with the financial planning and support of the international syndication sales business. This includes budgeting, forecasting and long term planning of international syndication sales, as well as ongoing monitoring of sales performance. The role also includes interfacing with the international accounting team with regard to month-end reporting and variance analysis of the syndication sales line.
Major Activity #1
• Monthly financial analysis: assist the Senior Director International Sales FP&A with the variance analysis of syndication revenue against budget and forecast. Assist the Director International Revenue Planning & Analysis with month-end syndication revenues reconciliation
Major Activity #2
• Forecasting and budgeting: assist the Senior Director International Sales FP&A with the preparation of syndication revenue forecasts and budgets; provide the accounting group with calendarized sales budget and forecasts by genre, territory and sales person; maintain accurate tracking information to facilitate reconciliations and variance analysis
Major Activity #3
• Long range plan: assist the Senior Director International Sales FP&A and the entire International FP&A team in the preparation of the divisional syndication sales 5-year plan using input from historical data, from the sales team and from ongoing output deals. Maintain the detailed source documents ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data
Major Activity #4
• Biweekly sales tracker (''Pacing report''): assist the Senior Director International Sales FP&A in the preparation of the weekly syndication pacing and WIP report
Major Activity #5
• Monthly and quarterly sales reports: prepare monthly franchise and scripted sales reports as well as quarterly movie sales reports for distribution to Senior Management
Major Activity #6
• Assist the Vice President International Financial and Business Planning and the Senior Director International Sales FP&A with ad hoc projects such as: analysis of output deals; historical sales analysis focused on specific programs/clients/categories; international sales trends
Major Activity #7
• Assist the sales team with deal analysis and deal modeling
• Analytical experience; advanced knowledge of excel and access
• At least 2 years of prior experience in consulting or public accounting; 2-5 years at a large global corporation in a similar role
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people and departments; ability to work under stress and on a deadline
Educational Requirements BS in Finance or Accounting.
MBA or CPA desired but not essential. Other Skills and Knowledge Prior media experience and prior experience in a content sales environment are desired but not essential.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans