Manager, History Programming
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Manager, History Programming
A E Networks has a Manager opportunity in Los Angeles supporting the History scripted programming department. This role will provide administrative support to the SVP of Scripted Series such as covering phones, managing calendars, scheduling travel, & managing expense reports, as well as assist with creative development and production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Manager, History Programming:
• Answer telephone calls, coordinate departmental meetings and events, schedule meetings with outside clients, and act as the liaison between executive and various departments
• Arrange pitch meetings, and maintain status reports and submission logs
• Prepare clear and concise reports, manuals etc. for management
• Help manage a series slate that includes three dramas in production.
• Participate in notes meetings, giving feedback on script drafts and cuts for current shows and projects
• Act as liaison between the Network Departments (Production, Publicity, Business Affairs, Casting, etc.) to streamline the flow of information. Manage the flow of information for our current dramas including dailies delivery, cut distribution, S&P, acting as point person for any production related requests at the network or with the studio
• Creating presentations of the drama slate for review in company-wide meetings, and presentations for conferences
• Help build a development slate for future scripted series
• Scout new writers and new projects
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and love of history to work in a supportive environment with a likeminded people. You'll learn that all ideas are welcome on our collaborative team.
• BA/BS Degree
• 2 years administrative experience
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• Have strong sense of story and a passion for history
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Knowledge or experience in development, production, script reading and coverage a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Maintain awareness of competitive set
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.