Manager, Finance & Business Planning Digital Media
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Manager, Finance & Business Planning – Digital Media
The Manager of Finance & Business Planning, Digital Media is responsible for assisting the Vice President, Finance and other senior departmental leaders in the accounting, financial reporting and strategic and budgetary planning related to the Digital Media Division. This position assists in the day-to-day financial operations of the department as well as the preparation of monthly financial statements, account analyses, forecasting, annual budget assessments, reforecasting and long-term budgetary planning.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Responsible for the day-to-day reporting which ultimately leads to a smooth, accurate and timely month-end process, working closely with Finance. Some of these functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Act as ''eyes and ears'' on all things financial regarding the Digital expenses for VP, Finance & Business Planning - Digital Media and all budget owners of the Digital Division. Monitor departmental budgets for any deviations and anticipate issues that may arise. Assist VP in assessing where funds from $100 million budget can be reallocated to help business grow.
• -Oversee monthly accrual activity for operating departments, working with departmental leads to ensure that process is being performed correctly.
• Meet with line managers (as clients) to review their variance reports and to document the business reasons for deviation from forecast. Ensure all budget managers are updated monthly on pacing of their budgets & forecasts (ytd actuals and revised calendarization).
• Help to generate month-end financial reporting packages in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform detailed balance sheet analysis, as necessary.
• Interact with Finance departments to review all activities which impact the financial position of the Digital Media division.
Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis:
• Manage creation of Excel based worksheets in the creation of budgets and forecasts with departmental budget managers.
• Work with operating departments to complete the process on a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Assist with the preparation of financials for board meetings and other presentations as needed.
• Provide support for year-end audits and monthly/quarterly variance requests for Corporate
• Ad Hoc analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA/BS in Accounting required.
• Strong, proven analytical skills required.
• 7-10 years of financial and accounting experience including at least 3-4 in public accounting
• Strong detail orientation, effective communications skills, good working knowledge of applications including Excel and Power Point.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.