Lifetime Publicity Assistant
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Lifetime Publicity Assistant
The position will report to the SVP, Publicity and Public Affairs and will assist the entire publicity team with public relations, corporate communications and public affairs activities for Lifetime Television and Lifetime Movies. The ideal candidate must be able to handle a large volume of tasks and prioritize accurately and quickly. It is essential that this candidate is able to handle a wide range of duties and exhibits personal initiative, organization, time management and maturity. Public Relations experience and general business understanding preferred. A team player with a can-do attitude is a must. What part will you play?
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Lifetime Publicity Assistant:
• Administrative: Provides administrative support to the SVP, Publicity and Public Affairs and will assist the entire publicity team. Answers phones, manages calendars, coordinates and sets-up conference calls, processes and submits expense reports, general filing. Coordinates and books travel for talent, including airfare, transportation, hotel and per diem. The assistant will coordinate, support and organize activities including researching and updating press contacts, creating press lists, managing photography, creating tune ins, invites, the Lifetime PR monthly calendar, updating the press site with necessary materials and other PR collateral. Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
• Publicity Events: Works closely with the Director in coordinating, planning, logistics and event execution. Events include publicity special events (TCA press tours, panel discussions at Paley Center, TV Academy, SAG, press junkets, etc.), consumer/fan conventions (Comic-Con, WonderCon, New York Comic Con, C2E2, ATX, BANFF etc.), red carpets, etc.
• Media Monitoring and Distribution: Monitors daily media by conducting news searches by finding all news coverage, including major features, breaking news, casting news, highlights, roundup stories, reviews, recaps, etc. Forwards daily press clipping e-mails to publicists. Clips broadcast appearances, archives and distributes as needed to publicists. Maintains archives of all press, including ordering hard copies of newspapers and magazines. Distribute press releases internally and world-wide as needed.
• Awards: Assists VP in managing select aspects of award campaigns, including gathering submissions materials, ordering clips and tapes, gathering headshots, etc.
• Video Clips: Fulfills clip requests from various press, TV and online outlets for all shows. These clips are created for promotional use for electronic appearances and pitches.
• Written Communications: As needed, contributes to Written Communications department efforts, including original writing, creative brainstorming and more.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to be submerged in the world of entertainment public relations and to receive vital hands-on experience of assisting in publicizing television shows and movies. You will develop beneficial skills in communication, work ethic, interpersonal and more. Additionally, you will assist in facilitating the success of PR efforts and you will have the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment with a collaborative team.
• College degree
• Minimum of 1 years of administrative support experience in an agency (Public Relations, Talent, etc.) required.
• Prior internships in the entertainment or public relations/communications field preferred.
• Must have passion for and general understanding of entertainment industry.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, maintaining cheerful disposition in face of adversity.
• Must be able to manage heavy workload and successfully see projects/tasks through to completion.
• Must be detail-oriented and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to work overtime, as required.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.