Lead Technician, Production Events
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Lead Technician, Production Events
Supervise and apply technical oversight, support, solutions and troubleshooting throughout all facets of the A+E studio, remote and campus productions and events that the Production Operations team oversees. In addition, successfully hold various crew and operational positions as needed within the technical chain surrounding all studio, remote and campus productions and events.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Represent the Production Operations team on A&E's LivePD and Live+Rescue live shows, as well as numerous off-spring shows produced in the A+E 7E studio
• Execute facility technical checklist, coordinate with show team, New York and Stamford Engineering staff each evening to prepare for the live broadcast. Prepare and test all archival records, including multi-channel Avid AirSpeed and Ki-Pro records, to ensure enterprise fulfillment (International, Evergreen, in-show ''fix-for-air'', and other deliverables as derived by the needs of the organization).
• As the ''Production'' point person for issues and transmission fixes for the show's Mirror broadcast and West Coast Premieres, your responsibilities include and are not limited to: strategize, communicate and execute with autonomy the broadcast protocols, edits, and solutions that fall in line with all A+E Networks Operations SOPs
• You will also liaise with the Legal and S&P team on-site to execute the best practice, appropriate for the scenario presented in the moment.
• Represent the Show Production Management team as directed by the in-control room team.
• Execute with appropriate abilities and exhibit working knowledge of the various technical crew positions across all studio, remote and campus events. As a member of the Live and Studio Production team you will support the following systems: including but not limited to switchers, audio boards, cameras, communication hardware/software, file based record and playback devices, with specific knowledge of: Tricaster hardware, and Wirecast web streaming software. This also includes the potential for learning new equipment and applications.
• Co-research ( and manage all studio equipment and applications as it relates to enhancing control room operations. Coordinate with engineering and vendors as needed to implement approved workflows and equipment in pre-scheduled studio maintenance periods (dark/hiatus).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
While all big picture production related items should always be discussed and approved by the Sr. Director prior to deploying.
In contrast, in the moment decision-making and autonomy are keys to this role.
This person will be working often without any other onsite management present and must have instincts which are based from past successful experiences and tried and true production practices.
A person who exhibits quick-thinking troubleshooting and multi-resolution solutions to achieve success is critical.
As live production can be a stressful high-pressure environment, decisions must be made quickly and succinctly while also maintaining best practices.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA or BS on Communications or equivalent vocational education
• Working knowledge of modern studio and remote audio, video, capture, and playback equipment.
• 5 years production technical management experience
• Demonstrated ability to think quickly and manage crisis situations during productions
• Must be able to work flexible hours, per production needs
• Personable yet professional demeanor, especially under pressure
• Ability to strategize solutions with multiple stakeholders
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!