International PR Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.
A E Networks International seeks a Manager for the New York-based International Publicity Department. Position provides PR support to the Intl PR team. Candidate must have worked for a TV/SVOD/media company in International publicity specifically; must be a strong writer who can identify, create and manage publicity opportunities for A E Networks' brands, content and talent globally as well as represent the company's viewpoint.
One of the most important and yet challenging parts of this position is being able to multi-task and to work with partners around the world as well as senior management to drive international communications objectives. Candidate must also be able to interface with celebrity talent and their representatives. The job also requires quick responsiveness to both internal groups and external groups operating in different time zones and during international business travel. Must have excellent follow-through skills and be able to interact with all levels of management, and different personalities in order to resolve any issues that arise with professionalism and a positive demeanor.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Establish and build relationships with international press, channel partners and distribution clients
• Help plan press events/panel pitches/press outreach for key international media conferences/markets such as the MIPS; NATPE; BANFF; LA Screenings etc
• Contributes creative ideas and pitch angles for major tent pole campaigns, content sales markets and corporate sponsorships/festivals
• Develops and executes global press events, junkets, screenings, q&a's
• Pitches A E Intl execs for panels at all key markets
• Pitches press for press stories and executive q&a's and profiles
• Field asset requests from press outlets, channel partners and content distribution clients
• Handle talent during international publicity tours, appearances, press junkets and other events
• Cover international phone interviews with talent
• Work screenings, press junkets, set visits, and special events as needed
• Travel to intl events, markets as needed
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS]
• Required experience in International publicity working for a TV/SVOD/Media company, with 5-8 years of experience.
• Solid set of press contacts/relationships especially among all key international trade media
• Experience working with celebrity talent; agents; managers
• Experience organizing involvement vis a vis press/press events/screenings at the key Intl content markets such as MIP, NATPE, BANFF
• A solid writer, extensive experience in writing and pitching internationally focused press releases.
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously.
• A proactive person who will learn to anticipate issues and solve them with aplomb
• Positive can do nature and good sense of humor
• Meticulous about details
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• Able to see this opportunity as a stepping stone for a career in publicity.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.