Infrastructure Security Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Infrastructure Security Engineer
Cyber Security is a growing team within the Technology division, charged with the protection of technologies, data, and content across the company. We leverage internal resources as well as a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) to perform security operations globally. We support the company's media supply chain, as well as its corporate user base, and everything in between. Cyber security is part of every technology project, and at the forefront of all of A+E's Global Technology and Operations initiatives.
The team is at the onset of implementing and standardizing new tools and processes, transforming how we monitor and protect our corporate assets. We partner with Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering, and other teams to ensure security is implemented effectively in everything we build. In this role you will interact regularly with these teams and own the direction and implementation of network and platform security standards and baselines. The infrastructure Security Engineer will span multiple domains including firewall recommendations, Windows and Linux security, Cloud Security, and interact regularly with Security Operations team to help with incidents and coordinate vulnerability remediations.
You will partner with other architects and engineers to make sure we are delivering best-in-class solutions that to reduce the company's risk level and improve its capabilities. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your projects, and coordinate with others. As the Infrastructure Security Engineer, we'll trust you to:
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Engage in projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes alongside the architecture and engineering teams.
• Formally develop A+E security standards, procedures and processes.
• Rigorously maintain security systems and processes in order reduce risk to A+E systems and data.
• Assist with development and maintenance of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support our Security and DevOps initiatives.
• Administer and maintain systems, including some firewall support, network threat detection, cloud infrastructure tools, and identity management platforms.
• Actively monitor for new threats, assess them and make recommendations to protect A+E computing environments.
• Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur.
• Identify deficiencies in current systems and recommend enhancements to align with our standards.
• Constantly research capabilities of current and new disruptive technologies in the market and make recommendations to technology leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you will have an opportunity to be part of some major initiatives to revamp our security ecosystem, using things like Machine Learning technologies, Security Analytics platforms, User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) platforms, and pushing our data and systems to a more cloud centric environment.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of cyber security or information security experience.
• At least 3 years of network and platform security experience.
• Experience with firewall design and configuration, preferably with Palo Alto Networks.
• Experience with multiple computing platforms, including Network, Windows, OSX, Linux, etc.
• Experience using Security Correlation and Analytics platforms like Splunk, ArcSight and the like.
• Experience helping meet security frameworks and privacy compliance requirements (ISO 27001, NIST CSF, GDPR, etc.).
• Demonstrate solid organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workloads and meet targets.
• Possess a high level of integrity, trustworthiness and confidence, and represent the A+E and the Cybersecurity team with the highest level of professionalism.
• Displays an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
Experience that would be helpful:
• Experience helping to secure cloud environments like AWS and Microsoft Azure.
• Experience deploying and maintaining endpoint security products like Cylance, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, etc.
• Experience with User Behavioral Analytics platforms, like Splunk and Varonis.
• Works effectively with a variety of personalities and can adapt your approach to effectively reach and develop technology team members. Use this skill as well as your functional knowledge to both earn and maintain a high level of credibility with the team.
• Stays current with evolving threat landscape.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!