Financial Analyst, Participations & Residuals
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Create models for participation statements by title in compliance with talent and producer agreements, in accordance with company definitions, standards and policies.
• Review various contracts (producer, license, acquisitions, prebuy, distribution) to determine and record residual payment obligations, including: market exploitation rights, territories and term durations for both new and existing titles.
• Assist in reviewing and preparing abstracts of domestic and foreign collective bargaining agreements, including newly negotiated terms outlined in AMPTP's memorandum of agreements (MOA's) pertaining to residual formulas and payment provisions.
• Work closely with both internal and external clients for data collection and inquiries. Internal clients includes: A E Studio productions, Business & Legal Affairs, Program Accounting, Production Accounting, Sales & Distribution, Finance. External clients includes: 3rd party payment processors, Production companies, Domestic and Foreign union representatives.
• Assist both Residuals and Participations managers with monthly & quarterly reporting as needed.
• Respond to internal and external audits by researching and supplying source data and documents.
• Assist with various projects assigned by VP.
• 2-3 years of entertainment accounting or rights management experience in residuals, participation, or music royalty
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Excellent Analytical and organization skills
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a team player
Educational Requirements College degree required.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans