A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
The Executive Assistant will support the SVP, Original Movies, Co-Productions and Acquisitions with general administrative duties as well as creative tasks for a busy department. The candidate must be extremely organized, possess a knowledge of standard industry phone and scheduling etiquette, and be a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment. The ideal candidate will need to be able to multi-task, have strong communication skills, impeccable follow-through and the ability to be self-motivated.
• General administrative duties including but not limited to: Scheduling meetings and managing calendar; Booking travel – including high volume meetings at industry events (eg NATPE, MIPCOM); Prepare expense reports; Answering calls and managing call log.
• Maintain and organize grids and databases, including files, scripts, submissions and production assets.
• Coordinate deliverables for projects in development and production.
• Script Coverage as requested.
• Watching dailies for projects that are shooting.
• Serve as active member of the development team.
• Take notes and participate in weekly development meeting.
• Participate in creative calls, monitoring editorial and production progress as assigned.
• Prepare new movie order programming documents (eg RFNs, PACs).
• Primary contact between programming and all other AETN departments for various requests – schedule and prep for internal and external meetings; create documents and Powerpoint decks for senior execs and management team as needed.
• 1-2 years' administrative experience
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• B.A./B.S. degree
• Ability to multitask
• Good communication skills
• Added plus is a knowledge of basic production procedures and terms
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.