A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Director, Design
The Design Director is a creative lead for print and digital marketing responsible for developing assets from concept to completion across A&E, History & Lifetime projects. Your responsibilities will include coordinating with internal team members and departments to create impactful campaigns, manage projects, ensure that timelines are met, and establish a positive, collaborative and engaging work environment.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create with a highly proactive approach to problem solving
• Strategically brainstorm, campaign development, creative brief development and execution
• Manage a high volume of design requests, requiring quick turnaround
• Identify simple and complex design and production problems and as a result, offer solutions
based on project resources
• Distinguish between creative expression and commercial reality
• Translate business objectives into an impactful campaigns that increase awareness and engagement.
• Plan and execute photo shoots.
• Develop electronic marketing and online ad materials
• Use pre-press, 4/color process and industry standard file formats for both Print and Online Advertising
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Strong design portfolio with 5 years in entertainment marketing, entertainment and/or agency experience
• Must LOVE television and understand the distinctions between brands, programming genres (Reality, Scripted, Non-Fiction) and consumer vs. trade communications.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite software and experience with key art concepts and design, press kits, award submission kits, logo design, advertising for print, OOH and digital email blasts
• B.A./B.S. degree
• Ability to multitask with strong time management and delegation skills
• Good communication and copyright skills
• Added plus is a knowledge of basic production procedures and terms, and interest in pop culture and design trends
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Creative Marketing is more than just a team of specialist creatives. We are a quirky, diverse collective of tattooed collaborators and boundary-breakers. Known for pushing the limits of brave storytelling, we strive to develop fresh, distinctive ideas and award-winning campaigns that inspire loyalty and love for A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime. You see a twisted challenge in joining our creative rant sessions while maintaining your own point of view, and you aren't shy about sharing your more ''out there'' ideas that will bring in new audiences.