Director, Biography Digital
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A E Networks is relaunching its iconic Biography brand, and is looking for a highly motivated editorial lead to continue to build out its expansive search-driven website and create conversation-driving social videos.
This is a big job: You will not only lead long-term content strategy, but also run daily content operations across Biography.com and its social platforms. For short-form videos, you will work with our production, social and sales teams to help create the right packages. Experience managing an editorial site; creating digital video; developing branded content; and working with social media is key – we need a 360-degree digital rockstar.
Finally, a love for the storytelling possibilities of Biography is vital. You must find heroes, villains, celebrities and politicians alike fascinating, and feel passionately about telling their stories in inventive new ways that users can easily discover and love.
• Develop the digital voice of Biography, setting high standards and developing differentiated story-telling.
• Create content strategies for search and social audiences, driving toward specific KPIs.
• Keep on top of the news to develop stories that leverage traffic opportunities.
• Own the editorial calendar.
• Manage staff editors, and writers as well as freelancers.
• Help oversee video from concept to execution.
• Collaborate with other departments including programming, marketing, social and the internal video team at 45th & Dean.
• Partner with a product team and designers to build new site sections or products.
• Use data to inform content strategy and measure success
• Own key measures of success including audience growth and engagement around content packages.
• At least 10 years' editorial experience, with at least 3 years management experience.
• Past success with SEO.
• Experience producing video.
• Experience overseeing social media.
• A track record of growing audience.
• True team player; lone wolves and prima donnas need not apply.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Flexibility: Life here moves fast!
• A love of people and biography.
Educational Requirements Bachelors Degree A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation. A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans