Digital Revenue Manager
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Digital Revenue Manager
The Digital Revenue Manager will oversee a team of Digital Integrated Sales Planners & Account Managers responsible for the pre-sale process of media planning along with campaign management of live campaigns through invoicing for A E Networks digital properties. This individual will develop and lead team on building of media plans given pricing and inventory direction and effective monitoring of campaign delivery. Position will also serve as pricing and inventory expert in respect to systems, strategy, and economic factors.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Directly manage a group of Account Managers, assisting them with: campaign optimizations, troubleshooting campaign discrepancies, campaign set up, and digital questions.
• Manage a group of Sales Planners in the digital side of their role, assisting them with: pricing, plan building, inventory approval, and digital questions.
• Develop a training program and provide digital updates for Sales Planners & Account Managers so they can become digital experts in their day-to-day activities.
• Ensure strategic consistency across all elements of plan development and implementation
• Analyze accounts that are assigned to each member of the team. Constantly find ways to balance workload across the entire group.
• Work closely with Revenue Director to tactically drive department-wide goals and efficiencies, discuss team elevation and structure, and provide on-going digital learnings.
• Analyze areas within the sales, sales planning, account management and ad operations workflow that can be improved and create process enhancements that allow Sales Planners & Account Managers to focus on driving renewal and finding incremental business.
• Interact with other sales offices, digital ad sales marketing, ad traffic, and other relevant internal departments.
• Work with internal finance/revenue teams on client billing and online insertion orders.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost, as a member of A E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BA/BS College degree required
• 5 years of online experience in digital media planning
• Prior Management experience required
• Experience using FreeWheel, Google Ad Products, Operative, YieldEx or MOAT preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
• Fluency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and social media are strongly preferred
• Must be a team player and demonstrate a strong ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external partners
• Must be able to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic, ever-evolving space where technologies and methodologies of measurement change often and rapidly
• Capability to work proactively under pressure, understand team needs and build relationships
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of online media space and have strong communication and organizational skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY More than a century after P.T. Barnum, Ad Sales has proven that the entertainment business has changed and money is made when honesty, business acumen and industry knowledge come together to solve clients' problems. As the biggest breadwinner for the company, we are continually searching for way to bring new dollars into the fold. Driven by strong creative and rooted in data and strategy, we provide advertisers with the valuable exposure they need in the specific markets they want to reach. So if you've got an aptitude for data and planning as well as a salesperson's drive, we'd like you under our big top. Extra points if you can juggle.