Digital Research Analyst
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The A E Networks Digital Research Analyst will have a high visibility role providing insights into A E Networks' digital audience, as well as digital advertiser & digital industry trends. The Research Analyst has expertise in facets of digital media research, including audience measurement and consumer trends. This role provides sales-oriented market and competitive research materials, analyzes data from a variety of sources, recommends actionable strategies based on insights, and supports the division's thought-leadership initiatives.
• Act as internal research expert, leveraging proprietary and multimedia third party datasets (i.e. comScore, Nielsen, etc.) to find and analyze data to glean insights, articulate meaning, and recommend actions.
• Use data to tell stories for client presentations, thought leadership pieces, and marketing materials.
• Work closely with Sales to help win business by providing insights on consumer behavior, industry trends, and advertisers' competitors' initiatives.
• Work independently and autonomously on ad-hoc requests and RFPs as guided by Digital Research group members.
• Create and update quarterly and monthly sales materials that provide insights into industry trends, as well as A E Networks' strengths.
• Proactively help evolve regular reports to ensure they are delivering the most current and relevant industry insights.
• Monitor and utilize current social media metrics with respect to A E's Networks' brands, both online and on-air.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand-and take advantage of-complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Must be passionate about a quickly-evolving digital and social media environment.
• 1-3 years of digital media experience, preferably at either at a digital research vendor or publisher.
• Experience with online video analytics, mobile app analytics, and connected device app analytics preferred.
• Outstanding research and analytical skills.
• Experience with research and intelligence tools like comScore, Nielsen, MRI, Tubular, Kantar Media, Listen First, Resonate, etc.
• Experience in independently creating Social Media Monitoring reports including sentiment analysis, volume trends, and influencer analysis to deliver social media insights that can help positively change content and engagement strategies.
• Ability to convey ideas and solutions both verbally and visually.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Great communication, presentation, and time-management skills.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, cable television industry highly desired.
• Experience with cross-media measurement tools (comScore, Nielsen).
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
'THE DIVISON'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.
THE ROLE: Digital Research Analyst