Coordinator, History Scheduling
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Coordinator, History Scheduling (Temporary)
The Coordinator of History Scheduling works as part of the History Scheduling, Acquisition and Strategy team. Responsibilities include maintaining the PAC process for the department and working with the team to maximize ratings across the History affiliated networks. The coordinator will work with all internal departments to ensure premiere dates, scheduling changes, and other various needs are being communicated across the network portfolio. Additionally, the position adds administrative support to the SVP of History Strategy and Acquisitions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Coordinator, History Scheduling (Temporary):
• Manage the PAC process by compiling information and organizing monthly Series and Development approval documents.
• Work closely with the Scheduling/Strategy team to build schedules that meet business goals
• Maintain and update accurate metadata in on-air scheduling system
• Disseminate program schedule changes to the company
• Maintain programming grids for History affiliated networks
• Work closely with Stamford Operations facility and Traffic groups to ensure timely schedule changes are accepted and deployed
• Liaise with A E networks to identify overlapping program usage and monitor cross-channel usage
• Maintain regular contact with Public Relations team on listings to ensure accuracy
• Create ad-hoc department presentations
• Work with the manager of scheduling to track and disseminate competitive information
• Manages the desk of the SVP of Strategy and Acquisitions, handling administrative duties as needed.
• Assist with the Acquisition team to screen and evaluate potential new programs for consideration.
• The coordinator will need the ability to learn and understand the Nielson ratings system and to apply a balance of creative and analytical thinking in his/her approach.
• The coordinator should be collaborative and have a willingness to contribute to new programming strategies on History linear and non-linear platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The coordinator is required to have a high attention to detail. You'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You'll be part of the team that builds the programming schedule from top to bottom and then communicate the plans with all departments. You'll use both analytics and creativity in this role. You'll be asked for new ideas to help infuse the schedule with strength and to learn what drives the History audience. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, film, television or related field
• Content Strategy experience a strong plus
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail, strong communication & organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and adapt quickly
• Knowledge of television programming and the pop culture competitive landscape
• Strong interest in data analysis and applying data-based solutions a plus