Coordinator, A E Unscripted Programming, A E Originals and Co-Productions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, A E Unscripted Programming, A E Originals and Co-Productions (Temporary)
THE ROLE: COORDINATOR, A E Unscripted Programming, A E Originals and Co-Productions (Temporary)
This coordinator role provides creative/development support for the SVP, A E Networks Unscripted Programming & Co-Productions, whose responsibilities include developing and producing content through A E Originals, as well as developing and overseeing any A E-involved Reboots and Co-Productions. Coordinator's responsibilities include assisting in the coordination and tracking of development and production projects created through this pipeline as well as general research and development duties for A E Original's larger development team. Coordinator also to handle projects/assignments as directed by VP, A E Originals.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Research new project ideas/arenas as directed.
• Maintain and manage development and production tracker, including any outside pitches (proactively encouraging prompt response time), submitted to SVP, A E Networks Unscripted Programming and Co-productions, maintaining an accessible tracking system to search for projects and pitches in future.
• Serve as first layer of observation for incoming projects – have the discerning eye to determine which projects need priority attention. Write log lines for each submission, as well as a short evaluation/recommendation.
• Produce and coordinate materials for pitch meetings, screenings, presentations. Experience with PowerPoint (or equivalent), Photoshop, and basic video editing preferred.
• Maintain tracking library and system for paid-development projects.
• Assist on assigned productions, including pre-production support, working on production/shoots, and supporting efforts in post-production.
• Track stories in news, social, etc to look for new opportunities for talent and programming ideas.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll have the opportunity to work with a very creative and entrepreneurial unit of A E Networks that creates and produces long-form nonfiction series and specials, both for our own networks and for other cable networks & streaming services. It's a small team, so there will be a lot of opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the development and production process.
• BA/BS degree.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in unscripted television (long form) production/development preferred, or digital production/development.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Outstanding editing and technical prowess – up to, and including, proficiency on BOX, all APPLE applications, including I-Tunes and I-Movie and/or Final Cut pro.
• Experience with GoPro & DSLR cameras videography & photography is a bonus
• Capacity for dubbing, duplication of materials on DVD and digital delivery services.
• Ability to read incoming development projects for 'coverage' and editorial commentary.
• Editorial skills, for ability to edit presentations at the last minute. (PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent communication & organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize.
• Must be detail-oriented, able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on-call, available certain evenings and occasional weekends.
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Strong editorial discretion
• Extremely organized, detail and deadline oriented
• Proactive, positive, reliable, incredibly dedicated, with tremendous follow-through
• Passionate about entertainment and TV conversations
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.