Business Analyst, International Emerging Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Business Analyst, International & Emerging Solutions
The International & Emerging Solutions Analyst will be a key technology partner for the International, Digital Media and Consumer Products divisions. This role will be responsible for supporting a diverse portfolio of systems which serve these business areas.
The Analyst will need to develop and maintain strong business partnerships with the various departments, help maintain the existing technology portfolio, and be involved in crafting and managing technology roadmaps for these business areas.
The Analyst will be a part of a high performing team and create and maintain productive business relationships that will provide the foundation for delivering impactful technology solutions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Analyze existing business processes and systems functionality
• Propose new or updated solutions to growing and changing business needs
• Document detailed requirements
• Work with Dev and QA teams to ensure proper delivery of solutions
• Conduct UAT sessions with business partners gaining acceptance as to what was scoped and built
• Actively participate in deployments of new software
• Build solutions, applications, tools & processes supporting critical functions of A E enterprise and ensure that the business areas have an overall positive experience in all forms of technology.
• Participate in technology driven initiatives that support the advancement of our technology stack creating a secure and up to date environment
• Be an active team member of the Technology Department
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage a strong team of Business Analysts that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, MIS, or related field from an accredited college or university and relevant job experience.
• 5 years working with business applications and solutions that are vendor and custom as well as have experience with implementations of large scale projects.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting B2B websites
• Knowledge of Agile and SDLC concepts.
• Strong understanding of systems and their underlying technologies to be able to provide technology solutions
• Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, support
• Experience working with multiple systems and integrations between systems
• Business process analysis and redesign experience: strong business analysis skills; process mapping; business process redesign and implementation
• Effectively promote process best practices
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Ability to manage projects, as well as the ability to influence and manage relationships where no direct line of report exists
• Communication skills: strong presentation/ communication / facilitation skills (oral and written)
• Strong experience in stakeholder communication and interaction
• Ability to effectively and succinctly present status to upper management
• Excellent interaction and inter personal skills
• Works well with teams or in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
• Willingness to adopt change, new ideas, processes. Challenge status-quo and drive creativity, innovation and operational excellence
• Curiosity – constantly be looking for new technologies or solutions on the marketplace that innovate how we do things and provide new value to our business.
• Desire to make things better and get it done, whatever it may take.
• Preferable – 3 years' experience in Cable Television industry and in the Rights and Programming business areas
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.