A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.
THE ROLE: Associate Editor
Do you want to help answer history's biggest questions? A E Networks seeks an Associate Editor specializing in SEO to help make History and Biography's stories discoverable and informative. Working with the Director of Content Strategy and the editorial team, the Associate Editor will:
• Identify opportunities for content creation based on trends
• Edit and adjust existing content
• Research, monitor performance, and help build overall content strategy for History and Biography
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Do keyword and question research, producing organized reports to power multi-platform content production.
• Update and optimize content daily, focusing on linking and metadata improvements – get deep in the content and make it perform better.
• Monitor metrics and assist in building big-picture content strategies
• Build content and work in CMS - this is a hands-on job
• Find new ways to make content work harder such as auditing content for videos, looking for new ways to path readers, etc.
• Copy editing as needed.
• Work on projects as needed including video creation, YouTube and social executions that can benefit from search data.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn while working with a highly group of editors and strategists. Additionally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• 2-3 years' production, editorial, and SEO experience.
• Experience with tools such as Google AdWords, SEMRush, Conductor, etc.
• Working knowledge of Word Press or other content management systems, as well as Photoshop.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of metrics to inform publishing decisions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team: Success in these job depends on your ability to communicate clearly, collaborate, compromise and build trust.
• Experience working with data and research to form actionable insights
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
• A love of history, culture, and entertainment.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.