Assistant Digital Producer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant Digital Producer (Temporary)
THE ROLE: Assistant Digital Producer (Temporary)
History.com is seeking a temporary Assistant Producer who is highly motivated and organized to publish content according to a robust information architecture. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy, the Assistant Producer will work alongside the editorial team to assist with large-scale projects to increase content discoverability, engagement, and search visibility.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Assistant Digital Producer (Temporary):
• Manage multiple large projects in the CMS
• Apply taxonomy to text, video, and photo content
• Build and publish stories, as needed
• Help editorial, social, and video teams publish their content on various platforms
• Work with History's database of content and help improve discoverability through tasks such as bulk optimizations, tagging related stories, and integrating video across the site
• Prioritize large projects based on trends and Editorial calendar
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and love of history to work in a supportive environment with a likeminded people. You'll be part of a high-performing team supporting HISTORY programming priorities, as well as digital editorial brands like This Day in History. You'll learn how to make digital content work harder to reach new audiences and connect them with some of History's most powerful stories.
• Bachelor's degree
• Tech-savvy and know how to publish content in a CMS.
• Focused and persistent in tackling large-scale and complicated projects
• Highly organized and comfortable working with large sets of data
• Able to take direction, communicative, and transparent
• Interested in History
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams. Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear.