Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is currently looking for a Product Manager to join our Product Management team. Reporting directly into the Head of Product, this role will be integral in executing Whalerock Industries’ portfolio of digital apps and services. We are looking for someone with an established track record of launching sites and apps and has demonstrated passion for interactive, social, mobile and related technologies. The ideal candidate…
• Define and communicate the long-term strategy of a digital product.
• Own the creation and execution of the product road map.
• Draft robust technical requirements documents including user journeys, wires, flow diagrams and end user documentation with a thorough understanding of processes and functionality.
• Incorporate customer POV and audience feedback in product development processes and road mapping prioritization.
• Drive ongoing improvement through data-driven product performance.
• Collaborate with Editorial, Business Development, Marketing and Analytics teams during the development lifecycle.
• Identify opportunities for product innovation and enhancements from research and industry trends.
• Experienced with display and video ad monetization.
• Able to communicate with engineers fluently.
• Innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
• A relationship builder and a team player - driven to contribute to Whalerock’s reputation, growth and success.
• An excellent problem solver and has strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Able to stay positive in stressful situations.
• 3-5 years prior experience delivering web products and digital apps.
• Strong technical grounding. Must know how the web and mobile apps work. Although not required, prior coding skills are preferred.
• A deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) models and knowledge of agile & traditional project management methodologies.
• Strong entrepreneurial and leadership qualities.
• A deep understanding of the QA planning process and execution.
• Strong interpersonal skills, inclusive of collaborating and team building, along with the ability to influence without authority.
• The ability to work in a small team environment, wearing multiple hats simultaneously.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you