Winter Intern - Winterfest , Promotions & Events
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern position is an integral part of the Promotions & Special Events department, as the individual to fill this role will be exposed to and relied upon to assist with a variety of game-day initiatives to include: Jr. Nationals Kids Club, Promotional Giveaways, Fan Appreciation, and numerous theme nights. The Winterfest intern will also be heavily relied upon to assist with the planning and execution of the Nationals Winterfest in December 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in all promotional activities related to home games
• Assist with organization and maintenance of promotional inventory for the Promotions and Events department
• Assisting in the distribution of promotional items on game-days
• Assisting with the youth marketing initiatives including Jr. Nationals Kids Club and Kids Run The Bases. Must be present for Sunday home games.
• Serve as a liaison to fans at the Jr. Nationals Kids Club kiosk on Sunday home games
• Assist in the procurement of tickets, credentials and parking for game-day requests
• Assist with the execution of initial game-day marketing initiatives for Winterfest
• Attend all meetings involving Winterfest to serve as primary note-taker for all items discussed
• Assist with the planning and implementation of Winterfest programming to include production scheduling, volunteer coordination, vendor procurement, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Promotions & Events
• Currently enrolled as a under graduate or graduate student of an accredited College or University and have completed 1 semester, or a recent graduate within the last 6 months.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Be available for the entire length of the internship
• Successfully complete a background check
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require attendance at all Nationals home games, and may require physical tasks outdoors.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available from the beginning of June 2018 to December 31, 2018?