Paid Intern - Retail Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Paid Internship
This position, reporting to the General Manager, Retail, is responsible for supporting end-to-end retail operations, including supporting scheduling, receiving, transfers, store support, and visual merchandising. The position will also gain insight into the planning and forecasting involved in a comprehensive, first-class retail operation.
This is a paid internship that will require 34 hours a week, including nights and weekends based on the game schedule.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Retail Team with daily operations support in retail locations
• Assist Operations Manager with staff scheduling
• Assist customers in all retail locations
• Prepare and participate in Staff Orientation and Training
• Assist with daily reconciliations, deposits and cash handling
• Participate in hiring and interviewing process for Event Staff
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Pursuing a degree or received a degree in Business or Retail preferred.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Engaging personality with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Works well in a fast paced team environment
• Multi-tasker, proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team
• Ability to work normal business hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience with Retail Pro Software preferred
• Retail experience preferred, but not required
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from March until October?