Intern - Ticket Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Ticket Operations Intern will work closely with the Ticket Operations staff in the selling, printing, and mailing of single & group tickets, season packages, and special ticket events and initiatives. The Intern will assist in the processing of internal CRM departmental requests and will be instrumental in the execution of Nationals ticket offers and promotions through the ProVenue ticketing system. Interns should assist the Ticket Operations Department in providing a wider more intensive service net for our external and internal customers.
The Ticket Operations Intern is expected to provide exceptional customer service to Nationals Park patrons at all times. The Intern will be tasked with preparation and set up of the four Box Office locations around Nationals Park and be heavily involved with servicing patrons within the Ticket Services Lobby on gamedays. Candidates should possess superior customer service skills and have the ability to interpret and react quickly as situations arise in a fast paced work environment.
The Intern will be provided the opportunity to experience the daily and gameday functions of a MLB ticket operations department. Candidates must have prior customer service experience as well as be experienced with internet and web based browsers/searches, MS Office applications such as Excel, Word & Powerpoint, and have superior writing/reading comprehension. Prior experience in the handling and reconciliation of cash is required. The intern will be expected to work long irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the processing, printing and distribution of season, group and individual game tickets and cards
• Process ticket exchanges in accordance with the Nationals Season Ticket Holder Exchange policy
• Service and interact with customers on a regular basis to help resolve ticketing questions and concerns
• Support in supervision of seasonal ticket seller staff
• Assist in the generation of reports based on promotions, sales, inventory, etc.
• Utilize automated ticketing system, Tickets.com ProVenue, to process all internal & external ticket requests
• Assist in tracking and reporting discounts and total ticket numbers
• Update policies and procedures manual and assist in special projects
• Provide customer service support on gamedays in the Ticket Services lobby
• Assist with administrative tasks for the department, i.e. CRM, data entry, updating spreadsheets, filling, faxing, general office work
• Aid in the gameday preparation of the box offices including, outfitting supplies, stanchion setup, signage placement, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by Ticket Operations staff
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Currently enrolled as an under graduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience
• Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program.
• Desire and passion to work in sports and Ticket Operations.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Experience processing and handling cash and/or other payment methods.
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
• An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the Internet
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Prior experience in a customer service/retail environment.
• Proficiency in typing.
• Computerized ticketing experience, particularly in the Tickets.com Provenue operating system, is desired yet is not a prerequisite.
• Fluently bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you able to work in Washington DC from February to October?
• Do you have 1-3 years of customer service experience?
• Do you have prior experience handling cash?
• Do you have experience using MIcrosoft Excel and other MS Office applications?