Intern - Security
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Ballpark Operations; Security Interns will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department. They will be an integral gameday point-of-contact for a variety of inter-departmental and extra-departmental requests and support the entire department in the successful implementation and management of gameday operations and events. The Ballpark Operations; Security Intern will primarily support gameday operations and security needs within the department and will receive a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department’s effectiveness in running a world-class facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage gameday credentials and event requests including administration of MLB credential scanners & printers
• Calibrate walk-through magnetometers at the start of each homestand and assist with troubleshooting
• Collect and organize clubhouse logs for submission to MLB as required
• Collect and distribute department Manager-on-Duty lists for large events
• Collect, organize and distribute homestand information to relevant stakeholders
• Conduct security advances with protective details supporting VIP’s attending events
• Assist with physical security systems and other related requirements.
• Assist with administrative tasks including purchasing, billing, and maintaining budgetary stats
• Manage special projects in support of the Security department
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of two year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University or be a recent graduate (within no more than six months).
• Criminal Justice or Sports Management major preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Strong organizational skills.
• Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis
• Experience with creating well-researched, data-driven and analytical reports
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available from March until October?