Intern - Finance
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Purchasing Intern will report to the Director of Purchasing. This position will be responsible for all of the administrative duties needed in the department. They will interact with the Purchasing Buyer and all Finance staff as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate administrative workload to maintain consistent/even work flow; assist with standardization of administrative duties and performance.
• Types, transcribes all Purchase Requisitions, Credit Card Orders, etc. into WNBC's accounting system-Great Plains
• Coordinate all backup on the finalized Purchase Order-verifying that all necessary documentation is attached so the payment process will go smoothly
• Work closely with all members of Accounts Payable to ensure they have all the necessary documentation in a timely and efficient manner
• Assisting with Vendor inquiries and assist to obtain and procure the goods that are requested by the departments. Coordinate the purchase and delivery of the goods.
• Work with the Purchasing Buyer as needed for documentation gathering and workflow
• Maintains records and files in the Finance File room, Dead Storage as it pertains to Purchasing or Accounts Payable
• Help other sub-departments within Finance in filing and gathering information
• Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Purchasing
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
• Demonstrate practical knowledge in all areas of job responsibilities.
• Proficient skills in computer including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to learn and master new software programs including general ledger software packages.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship
• Must be efficient when typing
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential duties.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all departments and all levels of personnel within the site and the corporate office as well as to external customers. Demonstrate initiative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to be creative and thrive in a team environment
• Ability to work overtime if necessary to finalize work product
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• The ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels
• Ability to work with various types of office machinery including but not limited to copier, scanner, etc.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available from March until October?