Intern - Entertainment
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern will assist the Entertainment department with all gameday aspects (booking Color Guards, sound checking Anthem performers, escorting First Pitch guests, etc). This position will also assist the Entertainment Coordinator as needed. The intern will be responsible for booking a Color Guard for every game after the first homestand. He/She will also take part in creative meetings and other duties as assigned. This position will also assist the Production department as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet Anthem performers and assist with sound check.
• Assist Entertainment Coordinator as needed.
• Book Color Guards for all home games.
• Problem Solve (because nothing ever goes as planned)
• Take part in creative meetings to be held throughout the season.
• Assist with Racing President ideas and creating Presidents costumes.
• Set-up Nat Pack room with each game's prizes.
• Archive National Anthem demos
• Competent knowledge of baseball and the Nationals organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully pass a background investigation.
• Available for the entire term of the internship (last week in March- end of baseball season Oct/Nov)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Interest in Sports Marketing, Entertainment, Baseball as a career preferred.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Enjoys and demonstrates a passion for being a part of the Nationals organization and for the sport of baseball.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from March until October?