Intern - Corporate Partnerships
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Washington Nationals Corporate Partnerships Intern will gain a broad understanding of sports partnerships while assisting in various activities related to both sponsorship activation and sales. This opportunity will provide a fast paced, hands-on experience in developing and executing sponsorship activation programs. He/she will provide assistance with the coordination and facilitation of large game day partner activation programs. Additionally he/she will be assigned small scale game day responsibilities including promotions, hospitality and activations as needed. Assisting the sales team, the Intern will conduct research to aid in preparation for meetings with prospective partners and assist in the completion of new partner sales presentations. This experience is most suitable for someone interested in furthering a career in the sports sponsorship/marketing industry.
There will be 2 positions available: one from March-October, one from June-September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the coordination and execution of game day activation programs.
• Manage small scale game day promotions and activations (i.e. tabling, event set-up, hospitality and entertaining).
• Provide staff support at non game day partner events such as softball games, Nationals Partner Alliance events and other activities.
• Capture and manage photo documentation of all sponsor activation and signage.
• Conduct research on prospective corporate partners in preparation for upcoming sales presentations and meetings.
• Administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Desire and passion to work in sports sponsorship activation and/or sales.
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
• An effective communicator both orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and decorum when interacting with corporate partners.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office Suite.
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Scarborough Research.
• Competency in Adobe Photoshop and presentation building skills.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you interested in the March-October position or the June-September position?