Intern - Ballpark Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Ballpark Operations Intern will be given the unique opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable insight into the day-to-day workings of a Ballpark Operations Department. They will be an integral game day point-of-contact for a variety of inter-departmental and extra-departmental requests. This intern will support the entire department in the successful implementation and management of game day operations and events throughout the 2018 baseball season. The Ballpark Operations Intern will primarily support game day operations, ballpark operations operating systems, and parking & transportation management needs within the department. By doing so, the Ballpark Operations Intern will be provided a diverse experience while also contributing greatly to the department's effectiveness in running a world-class facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support in managing, and creating reports, for ballpark operations' operating systems.
• Oversee game day access control setup and troubleshooting during events.
• Provide support in managing, creating reports, and assisting in event setup for the ballpark's parking & transportation program.
• Provide support in managing, and maintaining the Computerized Maintenance Management System and devices.
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Incident Management Software and devices.
• Manage special projects in support of Ballpark Operations department.
• Ability to assist in non gameday event operations.
• Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park and how its ticketed access control systems are prepared for gameday and non gameday events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled (Completed an minimum of two years) or just completed an under graduate or recent graduate program of an accredited College or University (within no more than six months)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
• Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program.
• Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program.
• Requires working on weekends and evenings on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Strong organizational skills.
• Working knowledge of mobile device platforms (iOS, android, etc.).
• Communicate articulately and detailed oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Experience with creating well-researched reports.
• Game day Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from March until October?