Intern - All Star Week Volunteer
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
All Star Week Volunteer interns will be expected to work a 5-day work week as well as extended hours and a few weekends as needed.
- Develop and maintain volunteer database and manage and operate the Volunteer Management System
- Monitor volunteer registration through the Volunteer Management System
- Responsible for the development and set up of all the job shifts and description in the Volunteer Management System for registration and scheduling
- Respond to all e-mail and phone call inquiries and questions regarding volunteering
- Serve as the main day to day contact with all volunteers
Volunteer Selection & Scheduling
- Work with All-Star Week Volunteer Coordinators to organize the volunteer informational meeting held at Nationals Park including logistics, staffing and interview process
- Conduct volunteer phone interviews
- Will work on the Volunteer Management System to do all of the communications and scheduling for the volunteers for both All-Star FanFest and All-Star Summer volunteer programs.
- Prepare and print out all volunteer schedules and descriptions
- Prepare volunteer packets for both the informational meetings and orientation
- Work with All-Star Week Volunteer Coordinators to organize the volunteer orientation-including logistics, staffing etc.
- Work at volunteer headquarters (convention center ) to assist with scheduling and scheduling changes and any assistance Volunteer Coordinator needs
- Prepare volunteer lists for each assignment for each day
- Sign in volunteers each day
- Manage Volunteer Management System during All-Star Week
- Create a return volunteer list
Post Event Responsibilities
- Compile all files and send them to MLB for reference for the following year
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Completion of a minimum two years in an accredited four-year college degree program or a combination of education and relevant experience
• Degree in Sports Administration and/or Event Management strongly preferred
• Must be available to work a 5-day work week (including extended hours a few weekends as needed) for the duration of this assignment
• Prior experience as a Sports Event volunteer/organizer is preferred
• Excellent time management, interpersonal, verbal and written communications, organization skills and extreme attention to detail
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and respond to strict deadlines
• Strong Computer Skills -- expert in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION: Monday, May 7, 2018 through Friday, July 22, 2018
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from May to July?