Guest Experience Representative
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
A candidate for this position promotes positive and professional image at all times. This individual is responsible for providing world class customer service and hospitality to all guest entering Nationals Park. This individual understands that they have the ability to impact each guest's experience, and does everything that they can to enhance the experience while abiding my company policies.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet and greet all guests entering Nationals Park, check for valid tickets when necessary.
• Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
• Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas i.e. parking lots and Metro.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
• Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to supervisory staff.
• Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating Sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
• Enforce venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
• Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
• In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating Nationals Park, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
• Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
• Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
• Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including Metropolitan Police Department, security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, and maintenance.
• Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Sr. Manager, Guest Services.
Minimum education and experience requirements
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Previous experience in venue events.
• Previous experience in a customer service role.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Nice, warm and courteous.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
• Communicate articulately.
• Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
• Able to stand for long periods of time. Walk long distances, and climb stairs.
• Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment.
• Available to work 80% of all Nationals home games
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
To be considered for this position, you will be required to attend our job fair in February. To receive your invitation to our job fair, please apply at the link below. Details will be emailed out to those who apply to this link prior to the event. Candidates who do not apply via the link below will not receive an invitation to the job fair.
• How did you hear about this job?