Coordinator, Ballpark Operations
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Ballpark Operations, the Coordinator of Ballpark Operations is responsible for maintaining facility records and files, preparing purchase and service orders and providing support in a fast-paced environment while supporting the day-to-day operations at the ballpark.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Type, transcribe and/or word process letters, memoranda and reports, some of which may be of a confidential nature when needed.
• Maintain records and files, including highly confidential files and documents, some of which could have serious impact on the Organization if disclosed.
• Assist in the organization and administration of the unit or division, including identifying needs and developing procedures, filing systems, supplies and diary files, and arranges for equipment maintenance when needed.
• Maintain Insurance Certification Documents both electronically and in hard copy for Ballpark Operations.
• Open, screen and distribute Ballpark Operations mail, faxes, shipments, etc.; prepares outgoing mail, faxes, shipments, etc. including special handling requirements such as overnight delivery.
• Update data for status reports and related issues and conducts research and compiles and types statistical reports.
• Update client/vendor lists as they pertain to the department.
• Maintain policy manuals as they are created and update as needed.
• Maintain contract lists.
• Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
• Prepare and manage service orders, purchase requisitions, service contracts for the department
• Receive invoices and prepare vouchers for processing.
• Assist with operational elements which will include creating and keeping inventory of ballpark diagrams and event lay outs.
• Assist with game day operations as needed.
• Ensure all ballpark signage is accurate and up to date
• Responsible for providing high level of customer service to every guest.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Ballpark Operations
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• BA/BS degree in Business
• 2-3 years of ballpark operations experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
• Understands the need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
• An effective communicator orally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point
• Ability to operate under pressure.
• Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
• Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Strong ability to create and thrive in a team environment.
• Attention to detail including excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Team and/or sports experience.
• Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures
• Adobe Photoshop.
• Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and/or evening work.
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have 2-3 years ballpark operations experience?