Urban Marketing Director, Artist Partner Group
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A little bit about us:
Artist Partner Group is a medium sized, new model label, in partnership with Atlantic Records. Led by veteran music executive, Mike Caren, APG is a well funded, versatile label with the agility of an indie and the muscle of a major.
The company is fast paced, creative, and very close to the artists. It's a place for fast moving but thoughtful and hardworking up-and-comers determined to make a significant mark on the industry.
Why this is the best move for your career:
This position is focused on artist development - helping our new artists explore and create their own narrative through a strong point of view and storytelling with amazing content. This includes but is not limited to creating compelling content for socials, website, single and album art, music videos, photo shoots, ad campaigns, and all promotional assets. We're looking for someone steeped in current youth culture with knowledge and relationships with urban blogs, press, playlisting tastemakers, creative directors, and content creators.
You'll get to:
• Discover the Artist's point of view and help them tell their story through their art.
• Find the content creators and directors that will help them tell their story - this encompasses everything from logos, single/album art, social video content, visualizers, music videos, tour set design, wardrobe styling, and creative direction - everything having a thread that can be pulled through the entire project.
• Ideate with the Artist team to think of creative ways to introduce the art, story, and music to the world.
• Write strategic marketing plans that will successfully capture and sustain attention and calendar over the course of both quarters and a year.
• Oversee Artist socials with the team, make sure larger team stays on brand and strategically on point.
• Coordinating with the other label departments - A&R, production, sales, art, video, publicity, promo, touring, finance, licensing, brands, merchandising, etc.
You'll be the fit for this role if you have:
• Excellent critical thinking, verbal/writing skills, and organizational/multitasking ability with attention to prioritizing workflow.
• Deep knowledge of urban music and lifestyle.
• Ability to ideate and build strategy to execute against multiple deadlines as well as the ability to run analysis and post mortems of all marketing plans.
• Current knowledge of all digital platforms and curiosity around what's next.
• A figure-it-out personality - not afraid to fail and can confidently find a path forward in uncharted territory.
• Can assemble and edit quick art, videos, and presentations.
• Ability to search out and maintain publicity, digital, and tastemaker relationships.
• Must thrive in a team setting and respect/understand the creative process.
• Should have at least 2-3 years digital marketing experience as well as experience working directly with artists.
• Must know Microsoft Office suite. Adobe Creative suite a plus.
Why join us?
We are at the heart of the music business and launch more successful music careers, for artists & executives a like, than most of the industry. We have a fast paced, exciting, and creative environment that is oriented for growth and career development.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online