Spring Intern - Employee Communications & Engagement
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Employee Communications & Engagement Intern, Spring 2018 for the HR Employee Engagement department. We are looking for someone to become part of our team for the Spring Season, which requires about 20 hours a week in January - March (start and end dates may vary).
The Employee Communications & Engagement intern will be asked to work on a wide range of projects that support our team objective to keep employees informed and engaged with our company and culture, through content and programs that support Studio priorities. This intern's responsibilities will be primarily related to content management/creation for Warner Bros.' intranet, email communications, newsletters and marketing materials, and supporting programs/events that reach our global employee population.
The Employee Communications & Engagement intern will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team with high standards for quality, and to create visible work that can have a real impact on the company. This internship could serve as an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in writing/creating content to be seen by large audiences; contributing to development and execution of programs, events and campaigns; and learning about the various businesses within the company from the inside.
More specifically, the intern's responsibilities include:
• Support ongoing content and maintenance efforts for company intranet, Behind the Shield.
• Write, edit, curate and develop content for Warner Bros.' intranet, emails, newsletters, internal materials.
• Support video production efforts.
• Support ongoing employee engagement programs including Business Resource Groups, employee screenings, giveaways and others.
• Engage directly with individual employees via Behind the Shield, various company email channels and in-person events.
• Participate in team meetings, brainstorming sessions, department events, screenings and other activities which support employee engagement and provide exposure to the company (may be asked to participate in events falling outside of regular business hours).
• Various individual projects to support employee communications and engagement activities.
• Bringing great ideas, rolling up sleeves, learning and contributing.
What do we require from you?
• Current and verifiable enrollment in coursework at an accredited college/university.
• An interest in and substantial coursework related to public relations, communications, marketing, communications and/or English.
• Strong writing and proofreading skills with the ability to ''speak'' in various styles, tones and voices.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Basic design skills a plus, Photoshop skills preferred.
• Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team and/or independently, depending on the project.
• Comfort in the Microsoft suite of applications; particularly Word and PPT.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.