Manager, Talent Acquisition - WB Games
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines so we're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. We currently have an opportunity for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to support our WB Games group.
What we're looking for:
The Manager, Talent Acquisition works closely with games studio HR Directors and management to develop recruitment strategies for WB Games across North America to attract and match talent with studio needs. As a dual report to Talent Acquisition and WB Games Human Resources, this position will provide a critical link between these groups to ensure consistency of service levels and practices. This position will also be jointly responsible for coaching, mentoring and supervising a team of recruiters and coordinators.
Just some of the things you'll be doing:
• Oversee recruitment process and workload for WB Games studios to ensure maximum effectiveness. Manage and coach WB Games recruitment team and provides guidance on how to deal with challenging searches, manage expectations of hiring managers and candidates, work with and ''close'' difficult applicants/searches and navigate through ambiguous situations. Make recommendations and implement new recruiting tactics, methods and best practices to meet special needs within the market.
• Work with studio HR Directors and management to develop a recruitment strategy/ employer brand to attract the right talent for each studio. Create communication vehicles (e.g. videos, social media posts, email marketing campaigns, etc.) to support studio recruitment objectives and generate candidate interest.
• Lead recruitment team in identifying appropriate industry groups and events and ensure participation in discipline-specific networking events.
• Manage WB Games cross-studio recruitment activities including targeted tactics for industry conferences and events (e.g. GDC). Responsible for event strategy, budget, planning and logistics. Work with WB Interactive Entertainment events team, vendors and venues to ensure professional, well-executed events.
• Work with studio management and HR to identify universities for the development of ongoing relationships. Manage relationships with key programs and facilitate involvement of WB Games staff. Help focus and shape internship opportunities to be an effective future talent pool.
• In partnership with the studio HR Directors, create performance plans to help recruitment staff reach his/her yearly goals and ensure that appropriate tools are in place for his/her success.
• Ensure Games recruitment team's efforts are consistent with policies and practices of the WB Talent Acquisition organization.
What we need from you:
• At least seven years of professional recruitment/staffing experience required
• Experience in a recruitment role within the games industry strongly preferred
• Previous experience in an HR Manager/generalist role strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated success recruiting within complex, competitive software development environments
• Proven ability employing a variety of sourcing techniques to identify candidates with niche experience
• Experience in developing passive candidate pipelines for future business needs
• Previous experience leading talent acquisition teams preferred
• Work experience within an ''in-house'' or ''corporate'' recruitment function combined with experience in a contingency and/or retained search firm environment highly desired
• Experience and comfort dealing with and using BrassRing, Avature and/or similar systems
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.