Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
The Director of HR is the single point of contact for all HR matters for Telepictures Production. In addition to providing generalist support, investigates and resolves employment-related conflicts and claims while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws. Additionally, the HR Director provides technical expertise and develops and implements various HR practices and policies. Works with Telepictures Production Management and staff to ensure adherence to Company policies and initiatives.
• Position responds to all employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as discrimination and harassment, by conducting internal investigations independently or in conjunction with supervisor and at the direction of employment counsel;
• During investigation process conducts intake meeting(s), witness interviews and conclusion meetings; interprets and analyzes data gathered.
• Makes training recommendations for management professionals as a result of deficiencies identified during an investigation. Liaisons with Training and Development personnel to ensure implementation of training.
• Conducts climate surveys for departments experiencing low morale and/or undefined issues. Climate surveys include staff interviews, and data analysis. Coordinates efforts with assigned Group Representatives.
• Makes recommendations to division executives regarding appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of employment as a result of misconduct and/or violation of company policy identified during an investigation. Composes written counseling and termination notices.
• In conjunction with Employment Attorneys or independently, regularly conducts training sessions to employees on the topics of employment practices and sexual harassment.
• Provides guidance and ensures compliance of company policies and procedures, as well as federal & state laws. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serves as liaison between production and corporate departments.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent related work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of Labor Relations and/or Human Resources management experience with a heavy emphasis on employee relations.
• Experience working within or deep knowledge of TV Production.
• Bonus points if you have experience with Alternative Dispute Resolution.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.