Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
What part will you play?
The HR Director is the single point of contact for all Employee Relations matters for Telepictures Production, investigating and resolving employment-related conflicts and claims while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws. Additionally, the HR Director develops and implements various HR practices and policies and works with Telepictures Production Management and staff to ensure adherence to Company policies and initiatives. The HR Director may also provide some generalist support.
• Responds to all production employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as discrimination and harassment, by conducting internal investigations independently or in conjunction with supervisor and at the direction of employment counsel;
• During investigation process, conducts intake meeting(s), witness interviews and conclusion meetings; interprets and analyzes data gathered and works with management and counsel to arrive at decision.
• Provides guidance and advice to production management team in handling day-to-day production concerns.
• Makes recommendations to EVP, Business Operations and Programming regarding appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of employment as a result of misconduct and/or violation of company policy identified during an investigation. Composes written counseling and termination notices.
• In conjunction with employment attorneys or independently, regularly conducts training sessions to employees on the topics of employment practices and harassment prevention.
• Provides guidance and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as federal & state laws. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serves as liaison between production and corporate departments.
• Implements company initiatives within Telepictures Production in a timely manner.
• Makes training recommendations for production staff as necessary.
• Provides generalist support, e.g., advice regarding performance management, immigration (liaison between production and Corporate Legal), maintains employee lists and corresponds with Cast & Crew; liaison with Leave Administration.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent related work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of Labor Relations and/or Human Resources management experience with a heavy emphasis on employee relations.
• Experience working within or deep knowledge of TV Production.
• Bonus points if you have experience with Alternative Dispute Resolution.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.