Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsAnaheim, CA
Full Time Job
''We create happiness.'' That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
It takes people to make the dream a reality.'' Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
As a forward-looking business partner supporting our organization, you will serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. Specifically, this role will support Worldwide Safety & Health, Disneyland Facilities & Operating Services, and Industrial Engineering, Development & Integrated Facilities Planning. This role reports to the Director, HR Business Partner and be based in Anaheim, CA.
• Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource / Diversity & Inclusion solutions.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and Cast effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability.
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
• Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs and, in partnership with other site and segment partners, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
• Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
• Maintain an effective level of business literacy to provide a consultative approach to delivery of HR services. Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
• 7 years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field, preferably in a creative environment
• Must be able to provide creative solutions and unique approaches to HR/business challenges
• Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
• SHRM certification or other HR industry equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related field
• Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
''It takes people to make the dream a reality.'' Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.