Labor Relations Manager
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Job
Labor Relations Manager (Orlando)
''We create happiness.'' That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, the Labor Relations team enables a culture of change by providing expertise to our organization. The LR Manager will provide strategic guidance and consultation to all levels of Company leaders, including executives with regard to policy/practices/collective bargaining agreements and employment law by maintaining active knowledge of Human Resources issues, National Labor Relations Board case law and fostering positive labor/management relations. Our goal is to be the most creative, innovative, engaged Labor Relations Team, demanding excellence in all that we do. Join us and embrace a powerful and creative culture that drives an acclaimed brand of products and services.
• Provide support on all labor relations functions including counsel, education, influence, continuous improvement and trend analysis
• Administer and interpret multiple collective bargaining agreements
• Assertively represent management position and professionally respond to governmental agencies (e.g., EEOC, NLRB, etc.)
• Participate in negotiations planning, bargaining and contract implementation utilizing a demonstrated forward-thinking approach while being challenged by dynamic, evolving and adverse conditions
• Write bargaining proposals and contract language as well as executive and post-arbitration briefs and responses to agency charges
• Build strong partnerships with management to enable business changes and working condition impacts that trigger effects bargaining
• Manage client consultations, grievances and arbitrations via a technology case management system
• Creatively influence clients and successfully manage through complex workplace matters and at times, adversarial conditions
• Represent Labor Relations with Human Resources and/or Operations on project management initiatives to deliver comprehensive and well-executed outcomes
• Progressively manage labor concepts and workplace matters to successfully resolve issues, differences and drive change in a thorough, progressive and creative manner
• Collaborate with other HRDI functional team members through an immersive approach to assess key business drivers, organizational effectiveness and recommend integrated action plans. Provide credible LR expertise to advance HRDI and Operations business priorities
• Deliver expert presentations and training, to include storytelling, facilitation and advocacy of labor topics and content
• Identify root-cause issues, present risk factors and provide alternative recommendations to successfully support innovative workplace enhancements and business changes
• Understanding of all aspects of labor and human resources related laws, regulations, policies , principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to the NLRB, Title VII, EEO, ADA AND FMLA
• Proven experience in negotiations preparation, bargaining, implementation and administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements representing employers in the service/hospitality, entertainment, craft maintenance, security and transportation industry
• Confident, progressive and professional interface with representatives of labor/union affiliates through complex issues and unpredictable dynamics
• Ability to strategically interact with all levels of leadership, influence recommendations and activate decisions
• Proven ability to serve as the Company advocate for all facets of grievance and arbitration management
• Possess strong analytical skills and savvy strategic business thinking in a complex, multi-dimensional, innovative environment
• Proven ability to establish and maintain professional relations with diverse client group(s) and businesses
• Confident, persuasive and impromptu ability to articulate perspective, influence and showcase effective verbal and written communication skills to peers and leaders
• Strong organizational and time management skills to independently and simultaneously manage multiple priorities within in a high volume of work scope
• Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment with multi-dimensional issues and complex growth initiatives that advocates and positively supports continual business maximization and change
• Solid technical business/executive writing skills and experience
• Proficient in technology and use of case management systems, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook and project management systems
• Leadership Experience
• Professional employment experience in hospitality/entertainment field with high standards and impeccable service delivery
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• MBA or JD degree
This position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world's leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world's most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.