Director, Toy Product Development - Consumer Products
Full Time Job
Director, Toy Product Development – Consumer Products
WWE is searching for a new Director/Sr. Manager-Consumer Product to manage and develop product for Consumer Product Group's toy licensees globally. We're looking for someone who is passionate about product and trend and who is ready to offer recommendations to grow our brand. Role would include pitching and presenting product ideas internally and to existing and potential licensees, providing feedback to licensees on products from concept ideation to final submission, regular communication both internally and externally to key stakeholders, providing ongoing competitive research and management of SKU's.
• Responsible for overseeing the design and development of quality toy product. Focus on master toy licensee, Mattel, but also on all toy licensees targeting kids and adults.
• Work closely with licensees at an early stage on product concepts, providing creative input and feedback within deadlines which will allow changes to be implemented.
• Lead toy products through the entire lifecycle – from early concept to launch and optimization – by working closely with the brand assurance and creative teams, and other business stakeholders to execute on product and business plans. Partner with other business units to ensure best practices and ensure proper integration with other WWE departments where necessary.
• Coordinate and run line reviews and product development meetings with licensees on a regular basis.
• Develop toy line lists and architecture.
• Gather and maintain information for the creation of product development schedules including key milestones in process.
• Work with retail team to ensure slots are filled with productive SKU's
• Work with creative resource teams and brand assurance teams to ensure that business needs are being met when toy product submissions are being made through online approval system
• Ensure product development is within contractual rights.
• Ensure innovation, creativity, technology is incorporated into toy lines
• Competitive mapping and landscaping to make sure toys are on trend. Maintains specialized knowledge of the competitive licensors, processes, industry and licensees
• Assist on multiple projects as they become available, prioritizing projects across multiple toy sub-categories.
• Supports VP, Toys & International by providing regular updates on toy product development
• 5-7 years' experience within a consumer products toy field in product development; sports/entertainment licensor or licensee (Toy Manufacturer) experience and merchandising experience is preferred
• A strong command of consumer products licensing business is required; direct to consumer eCommerce toy experience preferred
• Subject matter expertise in category required. Needs to have extensive knowledge and experience with toy manufacturing process.
• Candidate preferred with FMCG / Retail background
• Brand licensing experience, a sound understanding of brand management
• Experience with action brands is required
• Entrepreneurial, passionate, and collaborative
• Good command Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills
• Creative flair both in generating ideas and execution
• Team player who is also on independent thinker, self-motivated, self-starter and a creator
• Good attention to detail
• Able to work flexible hours including some nights and/or weekends based on business need
• Ability to travel as needed for business
• Bachelor Degree required